« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps »
It's not always easy getting your father-in-law to smile. But with this smoked ham braised in mustard and pepper, he'll even laugh at your jokes. Who'd have thought!
- 1 Olymel Hickory Flavour Smoked Ham, 50% less salt
- 250 mL water
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 mL prepared mustard, 75 mL Dijon mustard
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, thyme
- Combine two kinds of mustard, brown sugar, shallots, pepper and thyme.
- Place ham in a pan with water and add mustard mixture. Cover and cook in the oven at 350˚F (175˚C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce sauce to desired consistency.