« Ideal when inviting family and friends at your table to share a delicious meal. »
You know, of course, that everything goes better with bacon. Life's more flavourful, the sun shines brighter… and you're more intelligent! Ok, maybe not more intelligent, but your pork tenderloin will be absolutely heavenly when you wrap it in bacon.
- 2 Olymel pork tenderloins
- 200 g of naturally smoked bacon
- 275 ml store-bought demi-glace sauce
- 8 French shallots, sliced thin
- 15 ml butter
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- thyme to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Wrap tenderloins in bacon slices and place in shallow roasting pan.
- Brown tenderloins on bacon side to brown before placing in oven.
- Roast in oven, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C), about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, covered with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving with sauce and your favourite vegetables.
- Prepare demi-glace and keep warm.
- Stir butter with shallots in a pan and sauté over high heat until caramelized.
- Add syrup and vinegar and cook, stirring, for one minute. Add demi-glace and bring to a boil. Check seasoning.