BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 Olymel pork shoulder - 2.2 kg
- 156 ml (1 can) tomato paste
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 125 ml (½ cup) cider vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) ketchup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) prepared mustardRub
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) paprika or smoked paprika
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chili powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) garlic powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salt
- Rub: Combine the brown sugar and spices. Rub the entire surface of the meat with the spice mix.
- In a bowl combine the tomato paste, stock, vinegar, ketchup and mustard and mix well. Set aside. Preheat barbecue to 225°F (107 °C).
- Place the meat in a BBQ safe pan then on the grill. Close the cover and do not open for 2.5 hours.
- After 2.5 hours of cooking, add the liquid mixture to the shoulder and place in a covered dish or cover tightly with aluminum foil to continue cooking.
- Return the shoulder to the barbecue until internal temperature of meat reaches 95°C (203°F), or about 5 hours.
- Pull the meat and combine with the cooking liquid. Mix well. Set aside.8.Serve on a burger bun with pickled red onion and coleslaw.