« For variety, use Olymel pepperoni slices or Olymel Italian sausage meat instead of salami. »
A Stromboli is a pizza crust folded in two and left open on one end then stuffed with salami, cheese and mushrooms. Like a ready-to-eat pizza, actually.
- 350 g Olymel salami, thinly sliced
- 350 g pizza dough
- all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 500 g mixed pizza cheese, grated
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 125 g dried tomato pesto
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- ¼ thinly sliced zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Divide dough into two parts of equal size. On a work surface sprinkled with flour, roll out the dough into a rectangle.Brush each half of the dough with pesto, leaving a rim. Top with tomato sauce, salami slices and dried tomatoes, ending with cheeses.Roll dough out lengthwise to form a stromboli. Fold edges in turnover.
- With the tip of a knife, make incisions on top to let steam escape. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with 15g parmesan. Repeat for the second stromboli.
- Place stromboli on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.