Turkey Orange Onigirazu
- 1 package Old Fashioned Smoked Turkey breast
- ¼ cup (60 ml) gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) orange juice
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) orange zest
- 2 drops toasted sesame oil
- 6 orange segments
- 2 cups (500 ml) short grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 leaves nori seaweed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, mix the gluten-free mayonnaise, the juice and zest of orange and the drops of sesame oil and set aside.
- Place 1 square of cling wrap on a work surface and place a sheet of nori on top.
- Place ½ cup (125 ml) of rice in the centre of the nori sheet, shaping it into a patty using a moistened spatula.
- Top the rice with half the Old Fashioned Smoked Turkey breast and avocado slices and half the cucumber slices plus 3 orange segments.
- Place 1 spoon of orange mayonnaise on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place ½ cup (125 ml) of rice on top of the other ingredients and press firmly to compact.
- Lightly moisten the corners of the nori sheet and pull them up towards the centre using the plastic sheet, one at a time, pressing lightly so they adhere.
- Wrap the onigirazu in plastic wrap twisting tightly and let rest 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, cut each onigirazu in 2 and serve immediately.
- As with sushi, the onigirazu may be prepared ahead of time. Excellent as a healthy and gluten-free addition to any lunchbox.