« Prepare extra carrot and rutabaga julienne and keep it in the fridge, in a sealed container, ready to garnish your sandwiches and salads. »
Banh mi is a popular Vietnamese sandwich that's gaining a following in Canada. Try this version with cooked turkey breast and julienned carrots!
- 150 g shaved cooked turkey breast Olymel Smart & Natural
- ½ baguette, cut in two
- 40 g carrots, cut in fine julienne
- 40 g rutabaga, cut in fine julienne
- 15 ml rice vinegar
- 15 g sugar
- 30 ml each mayonnaise and “Hoisin” sauce, mixed
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- In cauldron, bring water to the boil and blanch carrot and rutabaga julienne for one minute. Remove and cool down in a bowl. Add vinegar and sugar.
- Cut baguette in two pieces lengthwise and spread with mayonnaise and Hoisin sauce mix.
- Top with shaved cooked turkey breast, baby spinach, coriander and marinated julienne of vegetables.