They say never change a winning recipe… especially if it's grilled quesadillas with bologna and it's a delicious combination of veggies, string beans, corn and cheese.
- 300 g Olymel bologna, finely sliced
- 8 large tortillas
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 g grated cheddar cheese
- ½ red pepper, cut into small strips
- ½ green pepper, cut into small strips
- ½ onion, chopped
- 100 ml salsa
- 60 g canned black beans, drained
- 60 g canned corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onions and red and green peppers. Sauté till transparent. Set aside.
- Place four tortillas on a work surface and top with half the cheese. Add vegetables, bologna, salsa, black beans, corn and coriander. Finish with remaining cheese, put another tortilla on top, and press down firmly.
- Warm a pan over medium heat and cook quesadillas in remaining olive oil. Turn carefully with a large spatula and continue cooking until cheese is melted and tortillas are nicely toasted.