Asian Slow Cooker Ribs
- 1.4 kg Olymel St. Louis style pork ribs
- 125 (1/2 cup ) chicken stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Hoisin sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) soy sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 7 ml (1. tsp.) Sambal Oelek or Sriracha
- Cut ribs into individual serving size pieces. Place in slow cooker.
- In a food processor combine the stock, ginger, garlic, Hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, Sambal Oelek and water. Pulse until sauce reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs to coat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. The meat should be tender but remain attached to the bones.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Strain the slow cooker cooking juices and pour into a pot. Skim off fat.
- Boil until liquid reaches a smooth, syrupy consistency, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Brush ribs with sauce and grill to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Turn once or twice while grilling.
- Remove from oven, drizzle over remaining sauce and garnish with sliced green onion.