« Try making this recipe with mini ciabatta rolls to serve as an appetizer. »
Learning to speak Italian is easy while you make your lunch. First, learn how to properly say ciabatta and bologna, then graduate to portabella and ricotta y pesto! Bravo! Bellissima!
- 8 slices of Olymel Bologna (thinly sliced)
- 4 crusty ciabatta rolls
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) of ricotta cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) of portabella mushrooms
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of basil pesto
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice portabella mushrooms. Grill on both sides on the grill or sauté in olive oil in a frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto. Add pepper to taste.
- Grill insides of ciabatta rolls. Spread rolls with mayonnaise and pesto mixture.
- Place 2 slices of bologna in each roll. Add ricotta and portabella mushrooms.