- ½ package (150 g) sliced traditional cooked ham
- 2 slices country-style bread
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) basil pesto
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) mayonnaise
- Spread 1 slice of bread with the pesto, arrange ham slices on top and cover with grated mozzarella.
- Place the other slice of bread on top and spread the outside with half of the mayonnaise.
- Heat a small cast iron pan over medium heat, and place the sandwich mayonnaise side down to grill; press down with a metal spatula until bottom is golden brown.
- Spread top of sandwich with remaining mayonnaise, turn over and grill until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, cut grilled cheese in 2 and serve hot.