Mock Chicken Cheese Squares
- 12 slices mock chicken
- 2 corn tortillas (small, round and thin)
- 1 container (227 g) whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) walnuts, crushed
- 1 jar (200 g) olive tapenade (black or green)
- 18 pimento-stuffed olives
- 18 toothpicks
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and work with a spatula until soft.
- Add walnuts and pepper and mix well.
- Place a square of cling wrap on a work surface and place a slice of mock chicken on top.
- Spread the mock chicken with the cream cheese, cover with a second slice, and spread with the tapenade.
- Place a slice of mock chicken on top and spread with the cream cheese, then cover with a corn tortilla.
- Pile up 3 other mock chicken slices alternating between the cream cheese and the tapenade, cut off excess tortilla on the sides, wrap the piles in cling wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the stacks and cut into 9 equal squares. Skewer an olive and run the toothpick through the centre of a square.
- Place the cheese squares on a serving platter and serve immediately.