Salami corn cakes
- 8 slices of salami
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of chopped parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) of kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of shredded cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Peel and grate the potatoes, then press them in a colander several times to extract all water.
- Beat the eggs and milk, sift in the flour and continue beating to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Add in the parsley, onion, grated potatoes, corn. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, place 4 scoops of the mixture in the heated oil, then flatten each scoop with a spatula to obtain 1.25 cm (1/2 in) thick cakes. Cook the cakes for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the cakes from the pan, place them on a paper towel and repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Place cakes on a baking sheet, top each with a slice of salami and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Grill cakes until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.