- 300 g traditional cooked ham, sliced thin
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and shredded
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) niblets corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 muesli round flatbreads
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple mustard
- 1 red pepper, cut into fine strips
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place shredded kale and ginger in a bowl, add the maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and corn, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Let stand another 15 minutes.
- Cut round breads in 2 and spread insides with mustard.
- Arrange kale salad on the bases, garnish with ham and decorate with pepper strips.
- Close sandwiches and serve immediately.