These croquettes served with a tasty spicy mayo make the perfect finger food to snack on while watching the game. Enjoy!
Pulled pork and sweet potato croquettes with spicy mayo
« Can be stored in the refrigerator. »
Pulled pork played well last night? Turn your leftovers into delicious, melty croquettes. Get your kids involved in the making of this recipe. No need to be a pro to help in the mix!
- 500 ml (2 cups) OLYMEL pulled pork
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- 500 ml (2 cups) panko breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cups) sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- Ground salt and pepper to taste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) store-bought mayonnaise
- Juice from half a lime
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sriracha sauce
- 30 ml (2 c. tbsp) toasted sesame oil
- Puncture the surface of the potatoes with a fork. Cook for 5 minutes in the microwave at high-intensity. Let rest one minute before peeling. Remove skin from sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the pulled pork, the cheese, the green onion, half the panko breadcrumbs, the eggs, the paprika, the salt and pepper. Shape into ten patties.
- Place the rest of the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish with the sesame seeds. Generously coat the croquettes in the mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the patties, flattening them with a spatula, for approximately 6 minutes or until they are heated through and golden.
- mix all the ingredients.
- Add to your croquettes and enjoy!