Ham & Cheese Balls
- 100 g honey-smoked ham, minced
- ½ package (125 g) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chives
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) BBQ chips, crushed (or to taste)
- 12 lollipop sticks (or coloured toothpicks)
- ½ cantaloupe, peeled (or small watermelon or honeydew)
- Place the minced honey-smoked ham, cream cheese and chives in a bowl and mix until evenly textured. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place crushed potato chips in a deep bowl.
- When the ham and cheese mixture is chilled, form the mixture into balls and place them in the chip crumbs as you go.
- Roll each ball in the crumbs to coat completely, then skewer with a toothpick.
- Place a melon half on a plate, then randomly insert the skewered balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For a more spectacular effect, choose different chip flavours so you get balls of different colours.