In order to make the devilled eggs easier to handle and avoid them sliding off your plate, you can cut a slice off the bottom of each egg half.
The ultimate deluxe stuffed egg recipe
Stuffed eggs are also known as devilled eggs because they're devilishly good! Pop these stuffed eggs in your lunch bag or serve them at a holiday buffet and watch how fast they disappear. We don't want to brag, but this is the best version of these little indulgent snacks.
- 200 to 300 g of Olymel sliced salami, coarsely chopped
- 200 to 300 g of Olymel naturally smoked bacon with 33% less salt, coarsely chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of regular or Dijon mustard
- A few pinches of smoked paprika
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a pot of boiling water. Allow to boil for 12 minutes and remove from the water. Plunge the eggs into cold water for 5 minutes. Remove the eggshells, keeping the eggs intact. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook the bacon and salami for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat until crispy. Spread out on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Carefully cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- In a bowl, mash the egg yolks and mix with the mayonnaise, mustard and ¾ of the bacon and salami. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Fill the egg halves* with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish each egg half with the remaining bacon and salami mixture, smoked paprika and basil leaves.