- 1 package Bratwurst sausages
- 1 French bread, cut in 2 along the side
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) pizza sauce (home-made or store bought)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 pint Parisian mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tbsp. (7.5 ml) herbes de Provence
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) grated cheese, your choice
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bring 1 litre of water to a boil and plunge in the sausages for 1 minute, then cut them into rounds.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, add some oil and cook the sausage rounds until nicely browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and herbes de Provence, add salt and pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Return the sausage rounds to the pan and mix well.
- Spread the crumb of both pieces of bread with pizza sauce and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with the sausage-veggie mixture, sprinkle with the cheese and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Cut into segments and serve immediately.