Smoked sausage, asparagus and tomato crostini.
« Guaranteed success for children's parties »
Impatience and frustration evaporate when you serve these crostini with smoked sausage, asparagus and tomatoes as an appetizer, and you won't hear anyone say “What's for supper?” for a good while.
- 8 Olymel Smoked Sausages
- 1 loaf French bread, thinly sliced
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) garlic, chopped
- 60 mL (4 tablespoons) parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cook asparagus in boiling water, then chill. For this recipe, you need only the tips, about 5 cm long.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Remove from oven but leave on baking sheet.
- Cook sausages in boiling water for 2 minutes and cut in julienne slices.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into fine slices, place in a bowl and add oregano, garlic and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top toasted crostini with sausage slices, tomato mixture and asparagus tips. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes.