- 75 g mock chicken, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bean salad (homemade or store bought)
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, process the bean salad until it is puréed and smooth in texture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the carrot and grated ginger and add the lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp. oil. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Brush the slice of bread with oil and broil until nicely toasted.
- Remove from oven and rub toast with the piece of garlic.
- Keep remaining garlic in fridge for another use.
- Spread the toast with the bean purée and cover with the mock chicken slices.
- Garnish with the grated carrot and serve immediately.