- 12 pieces boneless crispy fried chicken
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) bourbon
- 4 waffles (homemade or store bought)
- 12 cubes watermelon
- Mint leaves as garnish
- Cook fried chicken as indicated on the package.
- Place the sugar, water, corn syrup and cream in a deep saucepan, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add the vanilla and bourbon and whisk together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Warm up the waffles and arrange them on 4 serving plates. Place 3 chicken pieces on each waffle, garnish with the melon cubes and mint leaves, and drizzle over with the bourbon sauce generously.
- Serve piping hot with the remaining sauce on the side.