Pepperoni Pizza Pops
- 150 g sliced pepperoni
- 1 ball (1 lb/450 g) pizza dough
- ½ cup (125 ml) pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Flour a work surface and roll out the dough to ¼ inch (3.5 mm) thick to form a large rectangle. Position the long edge side to side.
- Spread the sauce on top then sprinkle over with the grated cheese.
- Place the pepperoni slices working from left to right to form two rows separated by about 2.5 cm (1in.). The cheese should be visible along the sides and in the centre.
- Roll up the dough on itself from bottom to top to form a long sausage shape.
- Using kitchen shears, cut the sausage into ½ in (1.25 cm) rounds and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving plenty of space all around (about 8 per sheet).
- Let rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes, then bake 15 minutes or until cheese just starts to brown.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes, then skewer each pizza pop with a stick or skewer and let cool completely before handling.
- Keep in a sealed container at room temperature.
- You can cut all the disks and freeze half of them on a baking sheet before storing them in a resealable freezer bag. Let thaw in the fridge for about 12 hours before bringing to room temperature. Follow baking instructions as per above.