Ham pastry with cranberries, cheese and walnuts
« Prepare ahead of time, freeze pastries, and thaw 30 minutes before cooking. »
Cranberries aren't just for Christmas or Thanksgiving any more. Try them with ham in a flaky crust for a festive dinner any month of the year.
- 400 g package store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 225 g package Olymel Old-Fashioned Smoked Ham, diced or cut into strips (or your favorite flavour)
- 125 g Emmental cheese, grated
- 45 g (3 tablespoons) of walnut pieces
- 125 mL (½ cup) of dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
- Preheat oven to 400°F ( 205°C) .
- Mix ham, cheese, nuts and cranberries. Add pepper to taste.
- Roll out puff pastry 0.5 cm thick and cut into four pieces. Brush with egg. Place the ham mixture on the piece of puff pastry. Fold to form a turnover.
- Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and brush with beaten egg. Cook in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden.