Black Forest ham and cheddar cheese scones
When you add protein like delicious Black Forest ham, scones become a snack that disappears fast. This is the ideal scone recipe for anyone who loves deli meats.
- 150 g of shaved black forest smoked ham smart and natural
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- A few sprigs of chives, chopped
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a uniform and firm dough.
- In a cup, beat the egg and milk until they are thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and then add ¾ of each of the Black Forest smoked ham, grated cheddar cheese and chopped chives. Mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured smooth surface and knead until you have a flattened round that is approximately 8 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the Black Forest ham and the remaining grated cheese and chopped chives on the top of the dough.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the scones on the sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- These scones are best eaten fresh from the oven or within two or three days.