- 4 slices old-fashioned smoked ham
- 4 slices smoked chicken breast
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 small French shallot, chopped fine
- 1 small green curly lettuce
- 1 small red curly lettuce
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red tomato, diced
- 4-5 radishes, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tostadas
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and maple syrup in a Mason-style jar, add the shallot and salt and pepper, cover and shake well. Let stand while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the tomato and cucumber cubes and the radish slices and mix well.
- Cut the ham, chicken and cheese into strips and set aside.
- Shake the Mason jar again and pour half the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well.
- Place the tostadas on 4 serving plates and divide the salad among them.
- Top with the ham, chicken and cheese slices and sprinkle over with chives.
- Serve immediately with the remaining vinaigrette on the side.