Maple Glazed Bacon Toast
- 1 package (454 g) bacon
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Montreal steak spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grainy mustard
- 1 round loaf of bread, cut in 2 and lightly toasted
- 2 small handfuls baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Separate the bacon slices.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add half the bacon slices without arranging them too -neatly.
- Fry until bottom of bacon slices start to brown.
- Turn over slices and cook another minute.
- Stir the slices with a fork, then braid them together loosely and continue cooking until they are almost cooked.
- Remove from heat, pour off half the fat, add the maple syrup, sprinkle over the spices and stir with a fork so as to coat each slice well with the syrup spice mixture.
- Separate the bacon into two loosely braided mounds, place pan in oven and continue cooking until the bacon is glazed.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Spoon a bit of the bacon fat into a non-stick pan over medium heat and break two eggs side by side into it.
- Add salt and pepper and cook eggs sunny side up keeping yolks intact.
- Place round breads halves on 2 serving plates, spread with mustard, then place a mound of bacon on each slice.
- Place eggs flat on top of bacon, garnish with baby spinach and serve immediately.