« For a more elegant presentation, place in an ovenproof dish, cover with grated cheese and broil topping. »
For your next romantic evening, all you need are some candles, a nice tablecloth and this tagliatelli with mushrooms and smoked ham… you'll fall in love all over again!
- 175 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced, or Shaved Smoked Ham, cut into strips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 12 café mushrooms, quartered
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of dry white wine
- 500 mL (2 cups) of 35% cream
- 1 350-g package fresh tagliatelle
- 60 g (4 tablespoons) of parmesan, freshly grated
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Add shallot and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine, reduce by half, add cream and ham and reduce sauce for 5 minutes more.
- Cook tagliatelle in salted boiling water and cook till “al dente.” Drain pasta and add to sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper.