La Réserve Smoked Ham Grilled Cheese
- 1 package (175 g) old fashioned smoked ham
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 2 endives, cut in 2
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup
- 4 slices nut bread
- 100 g Laracam cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat, add the endives cut-side down and cook 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, salt and pepper the endives turning them cut-side down, add the vinegar and maple syrup and cook stirring constantly (without turning them over) until the bottoms are well browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a work surface and arrange old fashioned smoked ham over top, then the cheese slices.
- Place endives overtop and close the sandwiches.
- Spread the exterior of the grilled cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise and grill in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Cut in 2 and serve immediately.