- 150 g shaved pepper-smoked ham
- ½ cup (125 ml) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chives
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 slices brown tramezzini bread
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips (homemade or store bought)
- Olive oil
- Place the ricotta, chives and lemon zest in a bowl, add some olive oil, pepper generously and mix well.
- Place the grated carrot in another bowl, drizzle over some olive oil and the lemon juice and mix well.
- Place 1 slice of tramezzini on a work surface and spread generously with the ricotta.
- Arrange pepper strips over top and cover with the shaved pepper smoked ham.
- Garnish with the grated carrot salad and cover with the second slice of bread.
- Cut sandwich into 8 squares and divide between 2 sealable containers.
- Keep refrigerated.