- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 slices cheese, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 6 gluten-free hot dog buns
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205 °C).
- Using the point of a sharp knife make a lengthwise cut in each hot dog and insert the strips of cheese.
- Roll up each stuffed wiener in a slice of bacon and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place the diced tomato and cucumber in a bowl, add the chili powder, maple syrup and the red wine vinegar, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the cooked wieners in the gluten-free hot dog buns and garnish with the tomato-cucumber relish. Serve immediately.