« Ideal when inviting family and friends at your table to share a delicious meal. »
Pork ribs welcome both chipotle flavour from the southwest and BBQ sauce from the far west! So prepare yourself for a coast-to-coast menu success!
- 1.5 kg Olymel pork baby back ribs
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 25 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) cumin
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) ground chipotle pepper or chili powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) dry mustard
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) onion powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) ground coriander
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh ground pepper
- 7 ml (1/2 tablespoon) coarse salt
- 300 ml store-bought barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients except barbecue sauce in a dish and brush both sides of ribs with mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Place ribs in pan, bone side down. Cover with aluminum foil and seal securely. Cook in oven for 2 ½ hours, then drain ribs, saving cooking juices to add to barbecue sauce.
- Heat grill to medium setting. Grill spare ribs, turning and brushing with remaining sauce, for about 15 minutes, or until caramelized.