Melty Bacon & Cheese Miche
- 1 package bacon
- 1 Belgian bread
- ½ stick (55 g) garlic butter
- 1 package (180 g) sliced mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place bacon slices side by side on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until bacon is half cooked. Drain slices on a double layer of paper towels and set aside.
- Raise oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a serrated knife, cut a grid into the Belgian bread from the top down, without separating the pieces, so they are about 1 ½ in. (45 cm) square.
- Place the bread on a rectangle of aluminum foil large enough to wrap it completely.
- Melt the garlic butter and using a small spoon, work it into the cuts in the bread.
- Pile the mozzarella slices and cut in 4.
- Cut bacon slices into segments 1 in. (2.5 cm) long.
- Insert cheese slices and bacon pieces into all the cuts in the bread and pepper generously.
- Close the aluminum foil around the bread and bake 15 minutes.
- After this time, peel back the foil and continue cooking 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.