Cranberries and spices make these medallions of pork special. The perfect way to show Mom you've finally learned how to cook!
- 1 kg Olymel pork loin
- 15 ml canola oil
- 275 ml store-bought demi-glace sauce
- 150 g cranberry preserves
- 75 ml maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Remove any visible fat from pork loin, slice into 12 equal medallions and refrigerate. Prepare demi-glace and keep warm.
- Combine syrup, cranberries and spices in a pan. Bring to a boil, add demi-glace and keep warm.
- Sprinkle medallions with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook medallions, turning when half-done, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Do not overcook or meat will be too dry. Serve medallions with cranberry preserves and your favourite vegetables.