Italian Sausage Baguette
- 3 Gourmet mild Italian sausages
- 1 cup (250 ml) marinara sauce, hot
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) almond slivers
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) raisins
- 1 multigrain ciabatta baguette
- 1 cup (250 ml) partially skimmed mozzarella, grated
- Cook the sausages as indicated on the package, and cut into rounds. Keep warm.
- Add the almond slivers and raisins to the marinara sauce and mix well.
- Turn on broiler, cut baguette along one side to open completely and place on grill.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the baguette and place the sausage rounds on top overlapping them slightly.
- Garnish with baby arugula and cheese and return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese. Cut baguette into - 3 pieces and serve immediately.