Ham & Cheese Stuffed Baguette
- 200 g pepper-smoked ham, diced
- ¼ lb (110 g) whipped butter
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) chopped chives
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated gruyère cheese
- 10 French gherkins, chopped
- 1 baguette
- Make the recipe a few days before the big move.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and, using a hand mixer, beat until smooth and evenly textured.
- Add the ham, eggs, cheese and pickles and incorporate using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Cut the baguette along one side and remove the crumb.
- Stuff the baguette with the cheese mixture, close the sandwich and tightly wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove, let cool and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, unwrap and cut the baguette together with the aluminum foil into sections. Serve immediately.