Ham and Cheese Florentine Cup
- 6 slices honey Dijon smoked ham
- 6 slices sandwich bread (white or brown)
- ½ cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped cooked spinach
- 6 eggs
- Softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Butter 6 moulds of a large muffin tin.
- Remove crusts from the bread slices.
- Place 1 slice of bread in the middle of a work surface and, using a rolling pin, flatten the bread as if making a pie crust. Repeat the process with the remaining bread and spread each with a thin layer of butter.
- Press the bread slices into the muffin moulds, buttered side up, so they stick to the bottoms. If needed, use the bottom of a drinking glass the same diameter as the moulds to press the bread down for a couple of seconds so it adheres.
- Place a spoon of cheese into each mould and bake 5 minutes.
- Line each cup with a slice of ham, place a spoon of spinach on top, break one egg into each cup, add salt and pepper and the remaining parmesan cheese and return to oven.
- Cook 13 minutes and yolks will remain liquid.