Ham, Goat Cheese and Pickled Peppers
- 150 g double-smoked pepper ham, shaved
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5-6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 round multigrain loaf, cut in 2
- ¼ cup (60 ml) goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to broil and place upper rack in it highest position.
- Place pepper slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook until slices start to brown. Stir and continue cooking.
- Remove the peppers, immediately place in a bowl, add the oil and vinegar and pepper flakes, add mint leaves and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Toast the bread halves under the broiler until lightly golden.
- Spread each half with the goat cheese, arrange the pepper ham over top then the warm pepper slices and serve immediately.