This makes a great, super fun project to introduce kids to cooking! Customize each monster by varying the olives, the colour of the peppers and the carrots.
- 12 slices traditional cooked ham
- 24 slices sandwich bread, white or brown
- 12 slices yellow cheddar
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) mayonnaise
- 24 green pimento-stuffed olives
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 6 mini carrots
- Using a round cookie cutter 8 to 10 cm across (or a water glass), cut the bread slices to obtain 24 circles.
- Cut the cheese slices into angles to make pointy or square teeth.
- Place 12 bread circles on a work surface and arrange ham slices on top. Place cut cheese slices on top with cheese sticking out to make teeth.
- Close sandwiches and place 2 olives per head to make the eyes (hole and pimento up) and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut carrots in 2 and place between the two eyes.
- Make a tongue by inserting a piece of red pepper between the ham slices.
- Place monster heads on a platter, covering with a bell or plastic wrap until ready to serve.