- 1 red tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 roasted garlic naan breads
- 1 package (150 g) traditional cooked ham, shaved
- 2 artichokes marinated in oil, cut into 4
- 6-8 Moroccan olives, pitted and halved
- 4 slices Fontina cheese
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) herbes de Provence
- Olive oil, to taste
- Heat a stainless steel pan over medium-high heat large enough to accommodate the tomato wedges side by side.
- Pour in a good slug of olive oil and fry tomatoes just until they start to pale at the edges. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Place the flat breads side by side on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Spread out ham slices evenly on breads, add the roasted tomatoes, artichoke quarters and olives and finish with Fontina slices. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence.
- Turn on broiler and place rack in top position; place baking sheet on rack and broil until cheese bubbles and starts to colour.
- Serve piping hot.