Our generous breakfast casserole is the best strategy to outplay your appetite. You can even customize it depending on your ingredient lineup. Time for brunch!
Oven-baked breakfast casserole
The best way to recover the day after a big game: a filling breakfast casserole. This easy-to-share recipe will score major points early in the day.
- 4 to 8 OLYMEL breakfast sausages
- 6 slices of OLYMEL bacon, chopped roughly
- 6 small potatoes, cut in half and blanched
- 750 g (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 to 8 eggs (depending on your appetite)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh herbs to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer on a 43 x 30 cm (17 x 12 in) baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside. Remove all the fat from the baking tray, keeping 30 ml (2 tbsp).
- Add the potatoes, the cheese, and the tomatoes and spread the mix evenly in an even layer on the tray. With the back of a spoon, shape 4 hollows in the potato mix. Crack the eggs into these hollows and add whole OLYMEL sausages. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown and soften and the sausages are well cooked.
- Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!