« Add pieces of Olymel Italian sausage, cooked and cut crosswise. Ideal when inviting family and friends at your table to share a delicious meal. »
This penne with salami, basil and parmesan recipe is dead easy, but no one has to know. It's awesome serving such a great crowd pleaser knowing you didn't spend hours in the kitchen making it.
- 350 g Olymel salami, thinly sliced and cut into wide strips
- 500 g penne, dried or fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup fresh basil, slivered
- 100 g parmesan, shaved
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta in big pot of boiling salted water to the “al dente” stage. Drain pasta, setting aside 1 cup of cooking water.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, add garlic and cherry tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add pepper to taste. Add salami and stir thoroughly.
- Add cooked pasta, cooking water and basil. Mix well, add parmesan, mix and serve in pasta bowls, topped with more parmesan if you like.