- 250 ml (1 cup) tepid water (not too hot)
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) instant yeast
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in a big bowl. Form a well and gradually add yeast mixture until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead on a surface dusted with flour for 5 minutes, adding more flour as needed to avoid sticking. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean, damp cloth. Let dough rise in a warm, dark place for about 30 minutes.