Classic Ham and Cucumber
- 4 slices cooked ham
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple-flavoured butter (salted)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lemon zest
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Place the butter and lemon zest in a bowl and mix until evenly textured.
- Place the bread slices on a work surface and spread them with the lemon butter.
- Arrange the cooked ham on 4 bread slices, then cover with the cucumber rounds overlapping them slightly.
- Close the sandwiches, remove the crusts, cut into quarters and serve immediately.