« Perfect for grating your friends - in the right way. »
Looking for THE winning recipe? You're in the right place! With these Italian sausages au gratin, you know you'll be seeing some smiles come meal time.
- 5 Olymel Amoré Italian Mild or Spicy European Sausages, 450g (or your favorite flavour)
- 15 mL of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 796-mL (28-oz) can crushed whole Italian tomatoes
- 5 mL of dried oregano
- 2 mL of dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 mL of fresh basil, chopped
- 150 g mozzarella, parmesan and Swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, dried herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add basil at end of cooking time.
- Grill sausages, cut into diagonal slices and set aside.
- Divide sausages among 4 gratin dishes. Cover with tomato sauce, top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.