« For a lighter dish, use plain Greek-style yogurt instead of mayonnaise. »
On the all-too frequent topic of “what to do with Sunday dinner leftovers,” we suggest adding the leftover ham and grilled peppers to good old potato salad. It's a great way to brighten a weekday dinner.
- 300 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced, or Shaved Ham, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1/2 green pepper, quartered
- 1/2 yellow pepper, quartered
- 500 mL (2 cups) of potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh basil, chopped, or 5 mL (1 teaspoon) dried basil
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of mayonnaise
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 L (4 cups) of lettuce, your choice (Boston, romaine, curly, mesclun mix, etc.), shredded
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Grill peppers in the oven or on the grill till skin starts to blacken. Place peppers in a plastic bag or cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, remove seeds and cut peppers into strips.
- Mix ham in a bowl with potatoes, peppers, green onions, garlic and basil. Stir in mayonnaise and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve on a bed of lettuce.