- 1 package (250 g) sliced bologna
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons, (use a mandolin if possible)
- ½ cauliflower, cut into thin slices (use a mandolin if possible)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thin slices
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ tbsp. (7.5 ml) fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) butter
- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 6 slices sprouted grain bread
- Place the cucumber ribbons, cauliflower and onion in a glass or stainless steel bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bring vinegar to a boil and pour over vegetables. Mix well and place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- Spread 3 slices of bread with butter and 3 others with mustard.
- Remove pickles from marinade and drain well.
- Place bologna slices on mustard side of bread, arrange pickles over top and close sandwiches without crushing them. Place each sandwich in a sealable container and keep cold.