Olive and Salami Flaky Pastries
- 150 g salami, sliced
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup (125 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in 2
- 1 roasted pepper, cut into strips
- Greek oregano
- 2 sheets flaky pastry, ready to use
- 1 egg, for glazing
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) water
- Cut the salami slices into strips and place in a bowl.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, pepper strips and 2 pinches of oregano. Add pepper and mix.
- Place 1 sheet of pastry dough on a work surface, cut into 4 and place the quarters on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the process with the second sheet.
- Place the salami and olives in the centre of each square and bring up the corners of the dough without completely covering the filling.
- Beat the egg with the water and brush on the pastries then sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 20 minutes or until pastries are golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm