Pepperoni Meal in a Muffin
- 2 cups (5 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) neutral vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) feta cheese, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 French shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and place a container of water on the lower grate.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, pepper generously and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and oil. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet, mixing with a wooden spoon until evenly textured.
- Toss the pepperoni and feta dice with the garlic, shallots, julienned dried tomatoes and oregano and incorporate in the muffin batter.
- Line 12 muffin moulds with parchment paper and fill 2/3 full with the batter. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Unmould the muffins and cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in the freezer until moving day.
- Serve at room temperature.