« For a more economical dish, use tomato juice instead of white wine. »
Serve this delicious braised ham Italian-style, perfect for the most demanding moms.
- 8 slices Olymel Smoked Ham
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of oil
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) of chicken stock
- 1 796-mL (28-oz) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) of white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slides Olymel Traditional Toupie Ham
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté vegetables in oil and butter in a pan over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for ham, lemon zest and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place ham slices in an ovenproof dish. Add vegetables, Italian seasoning and pour hot stock over ham. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon zest and parsley at end of cooking time.