This delicious recipe was created with passion in collaboration with dinettemagazine.com
- 1 litre (4 cups) butternut squash, diced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 375 g (¾ lb.) orecchiette
- 6 Olymel Amoré Florentina sausages (or another kind if preferred), skin removed and roughly crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) kale, removed from stalks and torn into pieces
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) fennel seed
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine
- 190 ml (¾ cup) 15% cooking cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) pasta cooking water
- 190 ml (¾ cup) fresh parmesan, grated
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh sage, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 215 °C (425 °F).
- Mix squash with olive oil in a bowl. Season generously and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 12 to 17 minutes or until squash is tender and nicely roasted.
- Cook pasta in salted water to the al dente stage. Drain but do not rinse. Set aside 125 ml (½ cup) of the cooking water.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and brown sausage meat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, kale, shallot and fennel seed. Season and continue cooking for 1 minute longer. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream and pasta cooking water. Bring to a boil. Mix in squash and pasta. Heat through. Add parmesan and sage. Stir and correct seasoning if needed.