- 4 slices double-smoked Black Forest ham (about ½ in./1.25 cm thick)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 large Portobello mushroom
- 4 slices smoked gouda
- 1 cup (250 ml) kimchi, at room temperature
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Turn one side of BBQ to high.
- Pour 2 spoons of oil into a small bowl, add garlic, mix and let stand.
- Remove the stem from the mushroom.
- Brush the mushroom with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper, place on lower grill rounded sided down, close the BBQ lid and cook 10 minutes.
- Turn the mushroom over, place on the “off” side of the BBQ and continue cooking with indirect heat.
- Cut the ham slices in 2 and place on lower grill. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Open up the hamburger buns and toast on the grill.
- Place the ham slices on the “off” side of the BBQ, top each with a slice of cheese, close the lid and cook just until cheese melts.
- Remove the Portobello mushroom and slice.
- Arrange the ham and mushroom slices on the buns, top with kimchi, close the burgers and serve immediately.